Only eight original Palm Beach Mk2’s were manufactured between 1956 and 1958. The first prototype which appeared on the Allard stand at the 1956 Motor Show had a Ford Zephyr 2.4 litre engine. All the others were fitted with a Jaguar 3.4 litre engine, except for the last of the line, a closed GT model which was equipped with a Chrysler 5.4 V8. Of the eight cars manufactured, two were closed GT models (one was Sydney’s own car).
Allard Palm Beach Mk2 – The restoration of 545 EXR
The prototype Palm Beach has been recently restored by Allard Sports Cars and all the other cars are still in existence. Click here to follow the story or visit the galleries: before restoration and fully restored.
All aluminium with steel and aluminium inner panels. Painted dark red (similar to the original colour). Two doors and two seats.
Cream and red leather, with black carpeting edged in red leather.
Right hand drive with Marles high ratio steering box.
Fully rebuilt Ford Zodiac six cylinder in line. Capacity 2553 cc. Car buration by triple SU with six branch fabricated exhaust.
Twin tank arrangement with tanks mounted each side with the rear wing.
Ford four speed manual.
Twin tube side members, braced with flitchplates and with both tubular and box cross members.
Telescopic shock absorbers with coil springs all round with twin trailing arms and panhard rodat the rear and forward mounted radius rods at the front. Divided front axle, Salisbury solid axle at the rear.
Lockhead with 12" x 2 1/4" drums front and rear.
Wire type, mounted on splined hub with centre lock spinner.
Unit 4, Stanley Court, Edison Close, Gloucester, GL2 2AE UK
Tel: +44 (0)1452 725 666 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org