This car was purchased by Allard Sports Cars in 2012 for restoration by Lloyd & Alan Allard – the grandson and son of the original manufacturer Sydney Allard.
This Palm Beach was built by the Allard Motor Company in 1956 at the Clapham Common Southside works in London.
As an open two seat drophead sports tourer, it was the first of only six similar vehicles which were produced before the company ceased production in 1959. It was displayed on the Allard Stand at the International Motor Show in Earlscourt in 1956.
This Palm Beach is powered by a Ford Zephyr 2552cc six cylinder engine producing approximately 120 bhp, coupled to a Ford four speed manual gear box. We believe this very rare and attractive car, with its association with the world famous motor sporting legacy of Allard cars, will have a significant investment potential.
All aluminium with steel and aluminium inner panels. Painted dark red (similar to the original colour). Two doors and two seats.
Cream and red leather, with black carpeting edged in red leather.
Right hand drive with Marles high ratio steering box.
Fully rebuilt Ford Zodiac six cylinder in line. Capacity 2553 cc. Car buration by triple SU with six branch fabricated exhaust.
Twin tank arrangement with tanks mounted each side with the rear wing.
Ford four speed manual.
Twin tube side members, braced with flitchplates and with both tubular and box cross members.
Telescopic shock absorbers with coil springs all round with twin trailing arms and panhard rodat the rear and forward mounted radius rods at the front. Divided front axle, Salisbury solid axle at the rear.
Lockhead with 12" x 2 1/4" drums front and rear.
Wire type, mounted on splined hub with centre lock spinner.
Unit 4, Stanley Court, Edison Close, Gloucester, GL2 2AE UK
Tel: +44 (0)1452 725 666 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org